From tomorrow Sharon will be back to instructing all of her classes! PLUS she is doing a double class tomorrow night – combat at 5:15pm, followed by pump at 6pm.
We are so excited to have you back Sharon!
P.s. happy birthday for today
Happy Easter All!!!
While we all over-indulge in some much needed chocolate we will be reducing our hours to the following for the Easter break:
Friday 29th March 2013 – CLOSED
Saturday 30th March 2013 – 9am – 1pm (no classes)
Sunday 31st March 2013 – CLOSED
Monday 1st April 2013 – 9am – 1pm (no classes)
Enjoy your Easter break, and we look forward to seeing you all next week!
We have drawn the winners from the list of renewing members for the month’s of December and January…and the winners are:
December Winner: Mark Williams (#15940)
January Winner: Brian Kelly (#14508)
Congratulations guys! You have both won yourselves a ‘Fitbit Zip’ Personal Wireless Activity Tracker! We’ve got a green and black one up for graps, so first in gets to pick their colour!
Juma Ikangaa became a sentimental favorite among fans at the Boston marathon after taking second place 3 years in a row, from 1988 to 1990. In spite of this he is better remembered for the quote "the will to win means nothing without the will to prepare."
The will to prepare. It has become almost a cliche. How many time have you heard a football coach say that championships are won in August?
Tags: Funny workout, workout humour, you're doing it wrong
Soooo…you have committed to New Years resolution for 2013?! Hmmm, not quite. Statistics show that people are MORE LIKELY to achieve their goals if they tell others about it!
So what are you waiting for? Share your goals with us and let us help motivate YOU!!!
Here comes the festive season – along with all that delicious food… not to mention the alcohol! Then along comes the extra stressors in the form of time and difficult family members and before you know it, you have gained an extra kilo or more!
Here are some helpful survival tips to help you get through the festive season:
- Try to limit alcohol consumption! A big ask, I know! Think of it this way, there is a direct correlation between alcohol consumption and poor food choices which results in more calories consumed. Instead, space out your alcohol and drink plenty of water.
- If you have a big dinner party planned and know you are going to overindulge, then exercise in the morning! This will not only burn some calories which will no doubt be replaced later in the day, but it will also increase your endorphin levels which will alleviate your stress levels and increase your happiness.
- Stay away from the nibbles table! Make sure you eat a small, healthy meal before the dinner party, so you aren’t starving. This will help you keep away from that calorie-packed snack table!
- We wouldn’t tell you to pass on the xmas pudding, but just keep in mind portion size! The less you stuff yourself, the better you will feel tomorrow!
- Breathe! Take a few moments out of each day to stop and relax. Remember, the festive season is a break! and an opportunity to spend time with your loved ones and it should be fun! Don’t stress yourself unnecessarily with undue pressure. If you still can’t shake that stressed feeling then try a super quick 10 minute workout interval. It will make you more focused so you are more proactive and will decrease your stress levels, leaving you feeling happier and ready to tackle anything.