Ultherapy is a non-invasive skin-tightening process that lifts and stretches the skin of the face and neck using ultrasound waves. Ultherapy is typically advised for patients with moderate to severe skin laxity. Your skin contains a protein called collagen, which is mostly responsible for keeping the contour of your skin. Unfortunately, as we age, we gradually lose some of this collagen, and this decline contributes to the eventual “sagging skin” effect.
The production of collagen increases when our professional Ulthera is used to target the lower region of your skin. The old protein is swapped out by new ones. It is not a quick process because the body takes time to produce more collagen, but the results give a person a more youthful appearance.
To get the most out of Ultherapy, there are several things you need to follow –
- Avoid using vitamins and blood-thinning drugs.
- Protect your skin from UV rays 3-5 days before treatment.
- Before going to the clinic, shave the area being treated. (If required)
- Retinol, glycolic acid, and salicylic acid should no longer be used.
- Reschedule your visit if you have a cold sore or skin infection.
- Avoid using any products on your face that contain Retin-A, Retinoids, or vitamin A, as well as harsh exfoliants, bleaching creams, or scrubs for at least three days following your treatment, or until the pinkish colour has faded.
- Following ultherapy treatment, a transient swelling of the face is possible which will not last for long. Try to keep your head up or sleep on two pillows to prevent swelling.
- Around your jaw line, you can notice some minor pain or bruising. Use the topical medication given by the doctor to lessen the bruising if there is more significant discolouration.
- After receiving ultherapy, if you get welts or hives on your skin, you can apply ice to them or see a doctor if they last longer.
- Inflammation of the nerves is a possibility. However, this will subside soon.
- After the treatment, stay out of the sun for at least 2-3 days. Always wear sunscreen when going outside and reapply it every 2 hours if you spend more time in the sun.
- After receiving ultherapy, avoid forcefully rubbing or scratching your skin because rashes or scars can result from scratching the skin.
- Apply the antibiotic ointment or see a doctor right away if your skin looks damaged or has blisters.
- Refrain from getting any other treatment like Botox, dermal fillers, or any other cosmetic procedure 2 weeks after therapy.
- Following the application of ultrasonic energy to the skin, collagen is produced, which may cause tingling or numbness for a few days which will subside on its own.
If you require the Ultherapy Contour Lifting Treatment, you can contact the Retens Aesthetic Medical centre. Their ultrasonic waves in the Ultherapy 超聲刀 are delivered accurately deep into the skin to provide heat to the skin tissues. Retens uses 100% original licenced products that show great results in a short time.
Although looser skin is a normal part of ageing, it can cause significant anxiety for many people. Ultherapy, thankfully, allows us an opportunity to change this without using extremely disruptive techniques. This procedure can restore your youthful shape. Contact a specialist and within one session you will see great results.