With cannabis extracts and oils becoming widely accessible, weed pens are in popularity for their portability, discreteness, and convenience. However, the market has become saturated with different types of vape pens, making it overwhelming to find the right weed pen for your needs. Vape pens or dab pens are portable, battery-powered devices designed specifically for vaping cannabis oils, distillates, or concentrates. They consist of a mouthpiece, chamber, or tank for material, battery, and heating element. Weed pens vaporize material quickly for inhalation without combustion.
Benefits of weed pens
Here is some of the biggest advantages weed pens offer over other consumption methods:
- Discreet and portable
- No smoke produced, only vapor
- Easier dosing and portion control
- Minimal odor compared to smoking flower
- Intense flavor from terpenes and cannabinoids
- Customizable high from controlled inhaling
- More cost-effective than purchasing pre-rolls
They are quality weed pens, you conveniently and discretely vape cannabis anywhere. But which type of pen best fits your needs?
Types of weed pens
There are a few main varieties of weed pens to choose from:
- 510 Threaded Pens – These best weed pen feature a cartridge with a 510 threading those screws into a reusable battery. 510 carts offer variety but need replacing.
- Disposable Pens – As the name suggests, you simply throw out disposables once the oil inside runs out. No charging or maintenance is required.
- Pod Systems – Pod pens utilize proprietary oil pods designed specifically for each pen model. Pods snap or magnetically lock into place.
- Wax Pens – These are designed for thicker concentrates like waxes and shatters instead of CO2 oils. More maintenance is required.
Considerations for choosing a weed pen
With many options on the market, keep the following factors in mind while selecting a weed pen:
- Intended use
How frequently will you use the pen? Only occasional use may call for a basic disposable, while frequent use demands something rechargeable and durable.
- Material type
Certain pens work better with runny distillates while others excel at vaping thick waxes. Choose one suited for your go-to material.
- Vapor quality
Higher-end pens tend to produce bigger clouds and smoother hits. Read reviews to determine vapor production quality.
- Battery life
For convenience, select a pen that will last through multiple uses before needing a recharge.
Stick with reputable, trusted brands and avoid cheap pens from unknown companies. Do your research on reliability and safety.
- Ease of use
Look for simple, straightforward pens that are intuitive to operate, load, and maintain. Avoid overly complicated devices.
Where to buy weed pens
- Licensed dispensaries
- Regulated online retailers
- Head and vape shops
- Dedicated online vape shops
Always verify licensing and lab testing before purchasing any cannabis product.
Getting the most from your weed pen
To enjoy consistent, optimal performance from your new weed pen:
- Start with small puffs to gauge potency before longer draws
- Grind waxes into a finer consistency for efficient vaping
- Q-tip the chamber after each use to wipe away residue
- Fully charge the battery between sessions and store pen upright
- Replace cartridges, atomizers, and mouthpieces when worn out
Choosing the perfect weed pen can be tricky, but considering your personal needs and following the tips in this guide will simplify the buying process.