The orthopedic services at Winter Park walk-in clinic aimed at musculoskeletal system treatment, including:
An orthopedic surgeon will do the orthopedic procedure, a specialty focusing on injuries and diseases of the body’s musculoskeletal system. The complex system of the mentioned musculoskeletal system is treated to help you move and work, and regain the body’s activeness. Once devoted after the care of children with limb and spine deformities, the orthopaedist cares for patients of all ages:
- Newborns with clubfeet
- Young athletes who need arthroscopic surgery
- Older people with arthritis
- Anybody with a broken bone problem
An orthopedic surgeon treats problems of the musculoskeletal system, which involves:
- Diagnosis. It diagnoses the disorder or injury.
- Treatment. It is accompanied by the following:
- Rehabilitation or medication. It recommends exercises or physical therapy to restore the following:
- Prevention. It offers information and treatment plans to keep the injury from worsening or slowing the progression of the disease.
When to visit an orthopedic surgeon?
Some musculoskeletal injuries will be considered emergencies and they require quick medical attention. If you have these injury issues, you need to visit an orthopedic surgeon:
- Broken bone. If the broken bone is an open fracture and the bone is visible or has multiple fractures.
- Intense pain or some other concerning symptoms. It is the inability to bear weight or move your limb, extreme bleeding and even loss of consciousness.
The primary care doctor is a good stop if you experience musculoskeletal symptoms and don’t know the cause. In many instances, it is reasonable to begin with the orthopedic specialist, either a primary orthopaedist or an orthopedic surgeon. If most problem is about musculoskeletal symptoms and conditions, they include:
- Occasional or constant pain that lasts for more than three months.
- Symptoms affecting daily function
- Limited range of motion
- Difficulty moving or standing around
- There is an accurate injury that doesn’t respond to simple measures, such as:
- OTC pain medications
Once you are told by the other doctor that you need surgery, the next step is to get and schedule an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. You are free to see an orthopedic surgeon for a second opinion, either a treatment or a diagnosis recommendation. It is essential to note that seeing an orthopedic surgeon doesn’t necessarily mean you end up having surgery.
Due to the training, an orthopedic surgeon is uniquely qualified to determine if a surgery is the best option and if which procedure gives you the best result.
To get the best orthopedic surgery result, you have to ensure that you get the right surgeon. Some would wonder how their surgery is done because they don’t see any chances. Instead, it ends up seeing the doctor again and asking for another recommendation. So, it is always best to see a certified orthopedic surgeon to ensure that the surgery performed is done properly and effectively.
There are many options and sources of information, you can find quality orthopedic surgeons at Winter Park walk-in clinic to treat the musculoskeletal condition.